Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tapang Aso a la Sid (Dog Tapa)

WARNING: Contents may be very sensitive for some. Do not continue reading if you are a hardcore dog lover. Thank you.


Yesterday, my brother brought some meat. He actually tried to fool me that it's a horse meat. Thank goodness my mom warned me about it. I just told him, "kuh, aso yan eh!!!". I remember when he fooled one of his friends that he prepared tapang kabayo (horse tapa). His friend believed him and ate it. Hahaha! That was horrible. I haven't tried eating tapang aso. First of all, I'm not a fan of tapa. Second, it's marinated in patis which I am allergic to. Anyway, here's how my brother prepared it.



INGREDIENTS

1 kilo dog meat (lean strips)
several crushed garlic cloves
calamansi juice
1 pack Datu Puti Patis (fish sauce)
vetsin (msg)

Preparation

Mix together garlic, patis, calamansi juice and vetsin to form a marinade. You can decide how much of each marinade ingredient you should put in. Let the dog meat sit in the marinade at least overnight in the fridge. The longer (1-7 days) it sits, the better the flavors will soak in. When marinated, cook dog meat in hot oil until crunchy. You too can decide how crunchy you want the tapa to be. Serve with fried rice.

3 comments:

  1. sheena, legal ba to? haha! jk lang :)
    i'm borrrred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ainah gurl!!! para sa mga taong mahilig kumain ng ganyan legal yan!!! hahahaha! :D shocks ako rin kaya...buryong na...

    ReplyDelete